7 replies
SweetTarts MemberHelper
Votes:
+8
SweetTarts Staff Application

=Basic Info=

In-Game Name: JuicySweetTarts

Age (All ages accepted): 18 years, soon to be 19 in February

Discord (Needed) (Must be able to communicate efficiently): S.weetTart.s#4526 (As before, I am always on discord as I have other people and to talk to there as well)

How many hours can you put in per day? What timezone do you live in?: I am mostly on mid-day, evening or night. I could be on the whole day if needed. I am located on the East Coast. Times I am able to play would range from 3PM EST-12AM EST. I am currently unemployed so my availability is all day if needed but 5-6 hours is what I will usually put in.

How long have you been playing on the server?: I began playing in the year 2017 as my old IGN called "SinfulCyanide" and that was for a few months until I changed my name, thus erasing all my player data. The reset also took other items that had my old player data. My current playtime is 103 hours and 33 minutes.

=Staff related questions=

Have you had any previous staff experience? If so, please list them: I was moderator on a small minecraft server for about 6-9 months. I was also staff on that minecraft servers discord for roughly the same amount of time, possibly longer. I also have experience in managing my own team and coordination with team members frequently as I have ran one(1) discord server in the past that was based around hanging out, communicating and having fun. I previously worked on the Coolax B-Team PvP & Pixelmon server from November 2018- December 31st 2018. I had retired due to irl complications but those have recently been resolved.

Which server is this for? (If it's for B-Team, state whether it is for B-Team PvP or B-Team PvE): I am reapplying for B-Team PvP.

If you could change one thing about the server, what would it be and why would you change it? (DO NOT SAY NOTHING): If I could change one thing about the server, it would most certainly be the environment that the server is in. To explain further, I would like to improve player relations with one another. There seems to be way too much insulting, mocking or being called names when a new player asks a simple question along the lines of "May I join someones faction" OR "Can someone help me with ______?". If granted the position, I would hope to lessen the hostility by showing both long and short term players that small acts of kindness does go a long way.

Have you ever gotten into trouble(warns, bans, mutes, etc?) If so, what will you do to amend your actions?: I have not been warned, banned, muted or any of the following listed.

What do you think the biggest current issue on the server is? (Staff members, griefing, pvp etc.): I believe the biggest issue are players not taking the team seriously and the relationship of players and staff as a whole. For quite some time, I have seen players and staff almost on separate sides in terms of getting along. It is either staff being too hard on the users, players instigating and mocking staff when told to do something or players not seeing staff as people they should respect. Some staff have put forward too much authority, leaving a sour taste in players mouths whilst others have put too little and have been seen as a joke or someone lesser than.

How will you fix that issue?: My plan to fix the issue would be to frequently engage in casual conversations with the players, assist them immediately when asked for help, and to show them respect. Engaging in polite/casual conversation every so often will give staff members this image that they are approachable people that you don't have to be quiet or shy around. It also lowers the intimidation and fear that some players have when they see a mod or helper online. Assisting users immediately when they ask for help will give them the feeling that they are dependable people to seek help from when needed. Players that can ask for help and get it almost all the time will see us as responsible and respectable people. Finally, showing respect would be a big one. Insulting, mocking or acting sassy to players that either break the rules (accidentally or purposefully), or arguing back and forth with bad attitude will cause them to disrespect or even instigate by getting in trouble. With this position, my hopes are to improve staff and player relations as a whole as I believe this will help further grow the community, making Coolax a fun platform to be on.

=What do you do if=

A.) A player asks for help on a mod of which you know nothing about?: I would first let the player know that I do not have any knowledge on the mod they are asking for help on. My next step would be to try to ask another staff member of the related server for help on the mod, if that doesn't work then I would then look it up myself on google, confirm the information is good and then send a link in chat for them to read. If all else fails and I can't find any information or good links/videos for the player to look at, I would tell them to ask another staff member for help since I can't at that point in time.

B.) A player needs help with something you can't provide? (refund, custom, donation perk etc?): I would politely tell the player that I can't help them with those things since I do not have the permissions or authority to do so and direct them to the forums to submit a ticket so the appropriate staff member can help them.

C.) A player makes a good suggestion in-game?: I would tell them to leave the suggestion on the forums for both the team and the community to look at and see if it will help the server in the long run.

Do you have anything else to say?: Thank you for for reading and allowing me to reapply to hopefully be a part of the team again. If not, then I respect the teams choice. Have a wonderful day/evening/night!!
Posted Feb 9, 19 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+26
+1 From me of course. STRONGLY recommend that a manager accepts this application, Cam was a great staff member during his time here and would fit into the current team perfectly now that one of our helpers has been promoted to moderator. He already has a good relationship with current staff, is familiar with the network and modpacks, and all round is somebody I strongly vouch for. This has my seal of approval. Best of luck Cam.
Posted Feb 9, 19
List
Undo
Slipplaysmc MemberTinker
Votes:
+30
Big +1 from me. To my knowledge you never made any mistakes while you were staff. You were always kind to players and staff members alike, and dealt punishments and whatnot appropriately. I know you are very experienced with B-team, and would have no problem helping out any player with any mod related issue they may be having

I think your application is very good. It's very long, and all your answers are more than sufficiently detailed and valid. There are no blatant grammatical or spelling errors (that I saw, anyways), illustrating that you took your time and worked hard on this, and then to top it all off, the chosen colors and overall aesthetic is very nice.

Again, +1 from me. Realistically, there shouldn't be any good reason to deny this 🙂 Good luck~
Posted Feb 9, 19 · Last edited Feb 10, 19 by Slipplaysm...
ThatBubble109 Engineer
Votes:
+11
Good to see you back! I skimmed over your application because, wow, just, wow. Amazing job. Fatty +1
<3<3<3
Posted Feb 10, 19 · Last edited Feb 10, 19 by ThatBubble...
List
Undo
RestlessDemon MemberHelper
Votes:
+13
First of all, Welcome Back!! Secondly, your application is done beautifully and all of your answers were thoroughly thought through and expressed professionally. I know you from another discord server and you carry yourself well from what I've noticed, so I give you a strong +1! I hope to see you join the ranks once more, Cam!
bnnr_zpsn0tdddsa.jpeg
Posted Feb 13, 19 · Last edited Feb 13, 19 by RestlessDe...
List
Undo
TheRealDinosaur Professor
Votes:
+11
Not even gonna say anything, +1
Posted Feb 14, 19
List
Undo
Randalieren MemberHelperEngineer
Votes:
+19
As a person who had SweetTarts as a moderator on my server for a while, I strongly recommend him as he is always on task, minimizes drama and springs into action without hesitation. He's been on this team as well and he has been a big help. He will bring nothing but support and positivity to the server and that's what we so desperately need.

10000/10. :cool: :thumb:
Posted Feb 15, 19 · Last edited Feb 15, 19 by Randaliere...
List
Undo
Marni ManagerDeveloper
Votes:
+13
Application accepted!
Message awper on the discord server!
Posted Sun at 12:56 pm
868 Posts
jenjen1130 Manager
763 Posts
Tato ProfessorNoviceApprenticeJourneyman