COOLAX-GAMING

Page
of 2

B-Team Suggestion [Pvp Server]

11 replies
Spartacus16 Member
Votes:
+1
So, I've taken many people's opinions about my last suggestion into consideration, and I have developed another proposition for the server.

We remove factions from the PvP server, and install Towny.
- The server will still be PvP based.
- You can raid towns that have fallen due to inactivity or lack of money.
- Potential plugin that allows players to raid plots if they kill the plot owner ext. amount of times. (Works like faction power)

I believe the pvp server would see more player interaction if we encouraged players to maintain their towns, plots, and balances, unlike factions. Additionally, factions tends to lean towards building a cube of explosive resistant material and calling it end game. This leaves little interaction, and I believe this is not what pvp is about.

To simplify it, PvP and PvE servers have the same setup, except one is going to feature pvp, and one will not. Whether PvP should be permanently set on inside of towns or not should be a community decision. Or a town can declare war on another town at will.

I do want to see the servers jump back to how active they were back in 2014-2015, so I hope to find a compromise on this. Feel free to leave feedback, questions, or suggestions. Thanks for reading.
Posted Nov 5, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Slipplaysmc MemberTinker
Votes:
+30
This would basically result in two identical servers. As it currently stands, if your town is unclaimed due to innactivity on pve, people can take from it. Towny and Factions are really very similar plugins: They both let you claim land, they both let you invite people to your group, and you can lose your group / claims if you are innactive. The only difference between the two is the fact that factions can be taken over by other players, so if you made it so that towns from towny can be taken over, you'd basically just be copying the factions plugin.

All in all, it simply makes no sense to design Towny to favor pvp when Factions already does that. Even if we did do this, you'd just end up with two very similar servers, so why would anyone bother joining the smaller one?
Posted Nov 5, 18
Drathonix MemberBuilderHelper
Votes:
+87
Thing is its like... Why switch it to towny if you can just modify factions to be this way (And factions already has much of this implemented in it). Also again, this will not make pvp more popular ffs, the powerful are still powerful and the weak are still powerless against them.
Posted Nov 5, 18
Spartacus16 Member
Votes:
+1
This would basically result in two identical servers. As it currently stands, if your town is unclaimed due to innactivity on pve, people can take from it. Towny and Factions are really very similar plugins: They both let you claim land, they both let you invite people to your group, and you can lose your group / claims if you are innactive. The only difference between the two is the fact that factions can be taken over by other players, so if you made it so that towns from towny can be taken over, you'd basically just be copying the factions plugin.

All in all, it simply makes no sense to design Towny to favor pvp when Factions already does that. Even if we did do this, you'd just end up with two very similar servers, so why would anyone bother joining the smaller one?

The idea wasn't to overclaim a town, but be able to loot plots that players owned whom you've killed and drained down power or such. The difference is, you don't have to worry about whom you invite to the town (or have it public), because town members cannot steal from you or other members. It keeps people in groups, so you aren't out solo. You can choose solo of course. I also don't like the fact that faction bases can be easily made impossible to raid, where as in towns you don't see those things. You see innovation and creativity.
Posted Nov 5, 18 · OP
Votes:
+46
Factions is better than towny for a pvp raiding server.
Posted Nov 5, 18
Spartacus16 Member
Votes:
+1
Factions is better than towny for a pvp raiding server.

For vanilla, I would agree. But on B-TEAM, you either raid a dirt/wood base, or you attempt but fail at raiding a tower of advanced blast wall/glass.
Posted Nov 5, 18 · OP
Votes:
+87
And how does towny stop that?
Posted Nov 5, 18
Slipplaysmc MemberTinker
Votes:
+30
If the only way to over claim a town would be killing it's members, all you'd have to do is hide indoors constantly and you'd be invincible. It simply would not work. An underground base with security checkpoints at the doors (/t spawn takes you to a locked room that requires a button press to get out of) would be literally impossible to raid
Posted Nov 5, 18 · Last edited Nov 5, 18 by Slipplaysm...
Spartacus16 Member
Votes:
+1
wrote:
And how does towny stop that?

No need to make it if towns cannot be cannoned.
Posted Nov 5, 18 · OP
Votes:
+46
Towny doesn't change that. an overhaul to bteam does. Jen already agreed with going with an overhaul which I'll try to help with in the previous post you made. I'm sorry but its incredibly unlikely to be changed to bteam. (Also a ton of players prefer factions) (and factions on infinity for example disappear due to inactivity)
Posted Nov 5, 18
Page
of 2
868 Posts
jenjen1130 Manager
763 Posts
Tato ProfessorNoviceApprenticeJourneyman
399 Posts
NoticeNotices