COOLAX-GAMING

B-Team Merge of PvP and PvE Servers [Suggestion]

6 replies
Spartacus16 Member
Votes:
+1
Hi there, I'm making a suggestion to merge both of the B-TEAM servers into one single server.

For the most simple reason, it will combine both playerbases together, hopefully keeping a somewhat active server to play on. I see a lot of players welcomed to a dead PvP server, just to turn and leave within minutes. Not everyone is into PvE, considering this modpack has a variety of weapons and resources that can be used in combat. Thus, there are players this community has lost.

Now, for why PvP dies is simple. You can make an explosive resistant base within a few days (I sure did). Once you have your OP base, you gear up some and spam ./wild 900 times till you get a fair base to raid. Once you go through this a few times, you realize you are raiding inactive factions and then you grow bored of the server. Sounds like a loss.

Now, to satisfy players who like PvP or PvE, the simple setup is the Towny Plugin. Towns are none PvP zones (unless the town owner enables PvP, or War is active with another town). Most of the time, PvE players will stay in their safe haven homes. Homes within towns cannot be griefed or robbed. However, you might want to stay active, so you pay your rent to the town. The town owners need to stay active to expand the town and manage its well being.

You can always choose to not live in towns, and play the hardcore life. Players in wilderness are free game to anyone. As far as raiding goes, if a town falls due to insufficient amount of money, anyone can come and loot their hearts desire. Let's be honest, raiding in B-Team is either this, or trying to get in a advanced blast wall base on Factions, where the members haven't logged on in 4 months.

Seriously, if you want to keep players active and on guard with their belongings, a system such as Towny is what I would highly recommend. It features both PvE and PvP. I have played servers on Attack of the B-Team that had this setup, and I strongly recommend it. PvP only kept people separated and it featured little interaction. PvE may have more interaction, but you don't get the combat and thrill of survival here.

Please leave feedback, suggestions, or questions below. Thanks for reading.
Posted Nov 4, 18 · OP
Slipplaysmc MemberTinker
Votes:
+30
So there's a couple things I don't really understand. If you're proposing we merge the servers and install towny, that would effectively be the same as just shutting down the pvp server..? Obviously it's impossible to have towny and factions, so that's not an option, and the active pvp players are usually very resistant to switching over to pve because they prefer factions heavily.

With a pvp server and a pve server, players can choose either one, but if you merged them together, you'd end up just getting rid of one of the servers, basically. So it wouldn't really solve anything
Posted Nov 4, 18
Spartacus16 Member
Votes:
+1
So there's a couple things I don't really understand. If you're proposing we merge the servers and install towny, that would effectively be the same as just shutting down the pvp server..? Obviously it's impossible to have towny and factions, so that's not an option, and the active pvp players are usually very resistant to switching over to pve because they prefer factions heavily.

With a pvp server and a pve server, players can choose either one, but if you merged them together, you'd end up just getting rid of one of the servers, basically. So it wouldn't really solve anything

The idea is to rid factions from B-TEAM, seeing how fast players get bored of it. It has no system that removes inactive claims or ways to raid full explosion resistant bases. That's why more people are on PvE, so they get the interaction, and play the mod differently from Factions.
Posted Nov 4, 18 · OP
Votes:
+46
PvP is currently empty cuz it needs a reset and possibly even an overhaul. as for your idea of merging negatives highly outweighs the positives so I'll have to disagree with the idea personally
Posted Nov 4, 18
Slipplaysmc MemberTinker
Votes:
+30
I think people just play on PvE instead of PvP because they prefer towny over factions. But, either way, if you're just suggesting we remove the factions plugin, again, you're not suggesting a merge; you're just suggesting that we get rid of B-team pvp
Posted Nov 4, 18 · Last edited Nov 4, 18 by Slipplaysm...
jenjen1130 Manager
Votes:
+309
Did someone say Bteam PvP overhaul?
Posted Nov 4, 18
List
Undo
Drathonix MemberBuilderHelper
Votes:
+87
Lol, to say that people quit Bteam PvP because factions is boring and people remain on PvE because towny is not true. People quit PvP because when noobs get raided, they quit. When these idiots quit the powerful players have nobody to fight, and they can't fight the other powerful players because as you said, unbreakabase. Thus, the powerful players get bored and quit, B-team is a small modpack. When new players join PvP they see little people online and don't see a struggle for power in there future which is what factions is all about. They leave aswell. We reset Pvp so often to give people a chance to rise to power and possibly beat those who beat them previously. People remain on PvE because there is that much needed player interaction and cooperation that keeps a playerbase alive. There are the rich and powerful, and the goal is the be richest of everyone of them, the struggle is getting past them when they are constantly growing. Without a goal, without a struggle, there is no point to playing the game. When that struggle is too much, when people can't grow in power and the powerful hold the weak back, the weak see no point in continuing to struggle and quit. Its not that towny is better, its that the PvE community is better and more long lasting.

Lol reading back through the post I realize that you already said much of what I did, point still stands though, pvp eventually kills itself. You can't combine two polar opposites together.
Posted Nov 5, 18 · Last edited Nov 5, 18 by Drathonix
List
Undo
868 Posts
jenjen1130 Manager
763 Posts
Tato ProfessorNoviceApprenticeJourneyman
399 Posts
Drathonix MemberBuilderHelper
NoticeNotices