COOLAX-GAMING

Unofficial Chat Survey!

2 replies
gustrain Member
Votes:
+16
Hello all!

I personally have been experiencing a growing dissatisfaction with the chat regulations recently, and I wanted to find out what the community as a whole thinks about it. As such, here is a survey I created that is intended to poll your feelings on chat. It would be very helpful if you could fill this out.

https://goo.gl/forms/55BebIZwL7ITXeTq2

Thanks!
Gus
Posted Sep 19, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Slipplaysmc HelperTinker
Votes:
+24
I gotta say, I agree 100%, but as far as I know, the staff team is strongly inclined not to change or fix the chat filters. What they could do instead though is add optional filters, so that you can see everything that is said if you so choose.

As an aside from swearing, they also have unnecessary regulations on repeating characters and one character long messages

Edit: Just wanted to add a few things.

First of all, I'm very impressed by the poll! The questions are very well written. I'd suggest making the IGN question optional so that people can stay anonymous if they want (so that you don't get biased results), and I'd also suggest altering the wording of the sexism question because that one in particular can be a bit borderline at times. In my opinion, everything should be allowed within moderation - Racially related jokes are acceptable in very minor contexts but should be restricted if they are largely seen as too offensive, and the same should apply to the other categories, with the exception of religious topics or any other personal beliefs. This is more or less the system we have in place right now.

Second, it may be a good idea to post about this on the official discord page, as I've noticed it hasn't received much traction, which is unfortunate, and the last thing I wanted to address was the inconsistency between the discord chat rules and the in game chat rules. For whatever reason, ask any staff member about why swearing is restricted and they'll pour their heart out about all the parents that play with their kids, but when it comes to the discord server and sometimes even the forums, people couldn't care less about swearing and it is seldom curtailed. That being said: I would prefer that at least on discord we can swear as opposed to not being able to on either, but the point is that their core values and approaches to cursing is strange and inconsistent to say the least, and I honestly still think that they don't want to change it primarily because of the effort required. Personally I hear about these kinds of complains all the time and have been unhappy with the chat regulating systems for a long time now
Posted Sep 27, 18 · Last edited Sep 27, 18 by Slipplaysm...
List
Undo
ZambieK MemberHelper
Votes:
+9
I also filled out your survey, it's actually a good idea since some of regulations are a bit.. Wonky? And what seems to be the most reoccurring problem is basically trolls, and picking on people. At least from what I have experienced chat goes ham when people are mean to each other, a lot more than when politics or religions are involved.

Again, these subjects are serving golden trays to trolls and mean people, perfect opportunity. How do you guys think we could solve that? Filters are great.. But you know, internet will always be internet, we should think about what the best solution would be without too many ''consequences''.

P.S.: I agree with Slippy, the survey should get more visibility!
Posted Oct 23, 18
853 Posts
jenjen1130 Manager
763 Posts
Tato ProfessorNoviceApprenticeJourneyman
395 Posts
NoticeNotices