COOLAX-GAMING

Page
of 2

Bteam Pve Plugin Suggestion Thoughts: Marriage

11 replies
BipolarPotato Member
Votes:
+6
Alright, so I'm going to say it now that I'm a tad biased with this one, but for good reasons. I've always found that marriage plugins go really well on servers, due to the fact that it keeps players invested socially and adds a benefit to those who do socialize. I've also seen it benefit many servers in terms of gaining a loyal following, which is always a good thing.
If it was added, there'd have to of coarse be some configuration that'd need adjusted depending on the preference of the staff. I personally recommend if there is a priest option to make it so there are no priests, and players can marry each other without a 3rd party. Another recommendation is to allow single-party divorce and offline divorce (single-party meaning only one has to consent to it, not both. Offline is good with it because then they can divorce even if their partner is offline, which is great for if your partner leaves or something like that). I also recommend allowing same-sex marriages if you decide to add in a gender plugin to compliment it, which isn't at all required.

Again these are just my thoughts, wanted to know what everyone thought :3
Marriage'd Be Fun!
10 votes
58.8%
It'd Be Ok, Never'd Use It Likely, But Other's Could.
3 votes
17.6%
Pointless
3 votes
17.6%
Game Ruining
1 vote
5.9%
Neutral
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 17
Posted Jun 25, 18 · OP
List
Undo
MiT_Ig MemberBuilder
Votes:
+13
And maybe add some custom ranks with Towny ? i know thats possible :d
Posted Jun 25, 18
List
Undo
Slipplaysmc MemberTinker
Votes:
+30
I think this is a great idea! My only concern is that the chat will get even more filled up with tags and prefixes - As it is right now, whenever you talk, most player's tags, town and nation names together with their ign take up almost one line in the chat. If marriage was added, perhaps those could be shortened or some of them removed, or the marriage tag could be very short
Posted Jun 25, 18
List
Undo
BipolarPotato Member
Votes:
+6
I believe a good fix that I've seen is just having a heart symbol beside their name indicating that theyre married, which I belive can be configured :3
Posted Jun 26, 18 · OP
BipolarPotato Member
Votes:
+6
Lmao xD babysteps but yes! I wanna be the princess of Rabbit :DDD
Posted Jun 26, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Canskyline137 Member
Votes:
It's a towny server and I believe it's understandable for more social plugins even if there's a reason to look objectively to them. I'm fine with this.
Posted Aug 4, 18
meegamax Adventurer
Votes:
+39
Marriage added! Had a nice long talk with Vethar about it this evening and despite me having voted in the "It'd Be Ok, Never Use It Likely, But Other's Could." category; after messing around with it for a few hours with my dear "husband" (ily <3 Bshaw ) I think it has the potential to be a great addition to the server.

Please let VetharTheGreat or myself know if you have any questions!

You can use "/marry me (name)" to begin!
Posted Aug 5, 18
Bshaw ModeratorEinsteinMaster
Votes:
+9
…………………………………………………………………………………..
Posted Aug 5, 18
jenjen1130 Manager
Votes:
+309
What the hell jason iluded and I were going to marry Bshaw

There were going to be toads and owl all over
Posted Aug 5, 18