COOLAX-GAMING

Page
of 2

Tp Kill Rule Wording Should be Changed

18 replies
ScroopyNooper Member
Votes:
+86
Mind sending me the link to your old appeal if it was on the forums (which if I recall correctly it was)
I can try to look at it for you
Thanks,
Scroopy
Posted Apr 11, 18
Votes:
+8
You have seen my thread.. You have look at the reasons i felt i was banned wrongfully. You are the last one i can come to Cola... The others wont help me. Make your decision. This is my last attempt at redemption.

Yes, Im still here, and Jen dont remove this thread because you think it "won't happen."
Indeed i was banned. Indeed i am guilty of one fault. Although that falt should not have been a reason to ban me.
I had a fuegel in someone elses claimed area, eventhough they wernt living there and didnt come back. Idk why, just did.

Now i was also banned for breaking rule 7
Rule 7. No TP killing/taglocking
Tp killing is not allowed with /tpa. If a player does /tpa:
- The cannot kill before 40 seconds.
Bypassing the 40 second tp protection is not allowed either. If you have someone tp to you, then have your FRIEND taglock them, you are 'bypassing' this rule, and both you and your friend will be punished. Same applies for killing.

Heres the thing, it literally says "If a player does /tpa:"...

Now heres the bs proof https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/248908145085251585/338453880482299904/Tp_Killing_Alpha.gif

As you can see, there was no one there to tpa to so he could not have done /tpa..... therefore not a violation of rule 7.
What is your in game name?
Alphatoxic813
What do you need help with?
Appeal
Server
Blightfall
Why should we unban you?
I was wrongfully banned and i have proof.

CoolaxGaming
Aug 21, 17
Hello,
If your issue has not been fixed, or if you need anything else, please create/reopen this ticket, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Otherwise, we will be closing this ticket due to inactivity.

Best regards,
Coolax-Gaming support team
jenjen1130
Aug 3, 17
Alpha, spud LITERALLY HAS A GIF OF YOU THAT HE RECORDED.

Best regards,
Coolax-Gaming support team
soulstealer813
Jul 23, 17
^that
What is your in game name?
Alphatoxic813
What do you need help with?
Appeal
Server
Blightfall
Why should we unban you?
I was not banned for accurate reasons. My only sethome was in my claimed land and the player i tp killed, chose to come back to his base. Also he did not use /tpa like THE RULE SAYS IT IS SPECIFIC TO. What ever he told you were lies to get me in trouble. Now if you have any other things i did wrong shoot it my way on discord and we can talk about it there.

I believe they deleted my other fourm posts
Posted Apr 11, 18 · OP
Votes:
+26
pretty sure you were banned for setting a home at someone base (pseudo home aka eye of the frugal which isn't allowed as it counts as a home and you set it in someone else's base) just as a clarification correct me if I'm wrong however
Posted Apr 17, 18
TheArmyKing10 Member
Votes:
+28
Jesus christ, this is a PVP server for crying out loud. Why do people find it so hard to understand the rule even after admins and other players explained thousands of times. If the responses are different then ask a manager and if THEY explain to you how the rule works then just screenshot it, then whenever you get punished for that specific rule make an appeal and include the picture. That way the staff cannot come at you with random bs and change their "ANSWER" about the rule.

But all that aside, WHY is there even a such rule on a PVP server? In my opinion that is the worst idea for a rule unless it applies to TP trapping. Why shouldn't you be able to tp kill someone? If someone teleports to you (or you to them) and you decide to kill them then that is the player's problem for teleporting in the first place. This is a normal thing in faction PVP and adding a timer/rule for it makes this so lame. Okay so next time I want to kill someone I'll tp them to me and tell them "okay just go out and explore the beautiful wilderness. It's warm and nice outside, the skies are bright and colorful, roses are red, violets are blue, the times is out, ima kill you fool.". Wanna explain to me WHAT went through Scroopy's and staff's mind when this rule was added? If the rule was targeted towards "tp trapping" or "impersonating other players whilst teleporting" then I would understand. But let the players be dumb and risk a "tp" if they want to, It's their problem. If you don't want to get "tp" killed then DO NOT TP TO SOMEONE/SOMEONE TO YOU, not that hard...... OR if you get tp tricked (someone tps to you as you're accepting someone elses tp) then do /tpahere instead.... From what I've just said about the tp rule, I am not even going to get into the /sethome inside base rule.

Honestly, the fact that this rule exists on a faction PVP server annoys me. But it annoys me even more when people complain about getting tp killed because they were not using any braincells to think before accepting a tp. Same thing goes for people not understanding a SIMPLE rule that could've been solved by asking a manager. That way you're safe WITH proof of manager's explanation on the rule.
Posted Apr 17, 18
Votes:
+8
Funny you happen to say that, but ive gotten many different answers from various staff members and also different punishments, guidelines and rulings on matters dealing with this rule. also your hissy fit ranting on how we cant understand a poorly written rule, or maybe just a poorly handled rule, is not needed.
Posted Apr 17, 18 · OP
TheArmyKing10 Member
Votes:
+28
Funny you happen to say that, but ive gotten many different answers from various staff members and also different punishments, guidelines and rulings on matters dealing with this rule. also your hissy fit ranting on how we cant understand a poorly written rule, or maybe just a poorly handled rule, is not needed.

I'm just pointing out that people keep complaining about certain stuff then create drama on forums instead of bringing it up to a manager that can handle that kind of stuff a lot better than other staff members. At this point, 90% of this forum consists of complaints and drama. The fact that people still continue to do so is what I want to point out and I can assure you that if you read 10 000 posts related to drama or any complaints then you'd feel the same.
Posted Apr 18, 18
Votes:
+66
Ok, this rule was very well written from the start, it literally says its limited to TPA AND NOTHING ELSE I don't even know what the argument is there. What I suggest is if people are going to interpret this rule differently, you either make it more Precise and more obvious than it already is OR change it. Or you could just remove it because it just makes life easier for the idiots. This isn't the US constitution (or whatever law document your country has) lets stop making it that way.
Posted Apr 18, 18 · Last edited Apr 18, 18 by DestroyerD...
List
Undo
Votes:
+8
AlphaToxic - Last Thursday at 4:27 PM
Ssloth u there ?
SSlothh - Last Thursday at 6:47 PM
Yo
AlphaToxic - Last Thursday at 6:48 PM
so, do you know what commands justify the tp rule, i was wondering
SSlothh - Last Thursday at 6:50 PM
I’m going to discuss with Jen an official rewording of the rule
Posted Apr 18, 18 · OP
Votes:
+8
The rule was well written but the way the staff handled it wasnt.
Posted Apr 18, 18 · OP
Page
of 2
1748 Posts
824 Posts
jenjen1130 Manager
773 Posts
Tato ProfessorNoviceApprenticeJourneyman
NoticeNotices