COOLAX-GAMING

Hexxit Updated

9 replies
SPYROHAWK Member
Votes:
+29
So, here's an interesting thing.

Coolax Gaming has always been a good server network, and one of my favorites. But let's be honest, most of the servers have very few people compared to the B-Team servers (ok, maybe Infinity, but does anyone actually play Direwolf or Blightfall?).

Anyway, I was thinking. Why do people like B-Team so much? Well, modpacks of pre-1.7.10 are much simpler and easier to use, and much easier to run, giving a greater experience to some people.

Look at Hexxit for example. It's 1.6.4 I belive, but it's still a HELLA HELLA SUPER DUPER HELLA popular pack. And it's super lightweight.

But, what drives people AWAY from these packs? That they are outdated. No one likes outdated mods, all the wikis and reddit posts are always abuot never versions, so old versions get boring.

So, what can we do?

Well, recently someone made a modpack called Hexxit Updated. It's one of the top like three or top five on the Curse/Twitch launcher, showing that it's an EXTREMELY popular pack. And it's so lightweight, even I can run it, and my computer is trash!

It basically takes the stuff from Hexxit and updates it all for 1.12.2. It also has all the files necessary for server setup.

More and more people who liked Hexxit are flooding to this new pack for an updated experience of the pack they enjoy!

Now, theres one slight problem.

Not a SINGLE SERVER exists for this pack. The files are there to allow it, but no PUBLIC SERVER is being hosted for the pack (the pack authors said they are cool with there being servers for it, so that's not the issue).

So just think.

It's easy to say "hey, servers on that pack are doing well, maybe we should open one". But what about if you said "hey, that pack is getting really popular but there are no servers yet, maybe we should be the first!"

So yeah, I think it would be a good idea to open up a server for Hexxit Updated.

OBVIOUSLY this can't be a whim decision, and requires a lot of research from the Coolax Staff to see if it's worth the investment to open up a server there, especially since they can't see how other servers on the pack are doing.

But I personally think the reward will be worth the risk, and wanted to bring the idea to the table.

---

Edit:

This is the link for the pack https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/hexxit-updated
Posted Dec 1, 17 · OP · Last edited Dec 1, 17 by SPYROHAWK
List
Undo
BurnedPinguin Member
Votes:
+7
Oh, hell I want this in!
Posted Dec 2, 17
Votes:
+13
I literally came on the forum to post this lol and yeah this would be a great idea
Posted Dec 10, 17
Bshaw MemberEinsteinMaster
Votes:
+9
Ooh I love Hexxit :)
Posted Dec 11, 17
CoolaxGaming Owner
Votes:
+305
We can take a risk on hexxit, maybe once winter break starts and we have more time. The fileset with direwolf still has to be completed for a 1.1x.x server too :/.
owner.png
Posted Dec 12, 17
SPYROHAWK Member
Votes:
+29
I was referring to a pack called Hexxit Updated, not the original Hexxit. It’s only got under 10k downloads, so it’s not a song big as I expected, but last time I checked it was near the top of the Curse launcher. It’s for anyone who likes both Hexxit and wants to play in more recent versions.

However, I would not be opposed to a normal Hexxit server...

(Just wanted to clarify, since a few comments seemed to be referring to the normal Hexxit)
Posted Dec 12, 17 · OP
CoolaxGaming Owner
Votes:
+305
wrote:
I was referring to a pack called Hexxit Updated, not the original Hexxit. It’s only got under 10k downloads, so it’s not a song big as I expected, but last time I checked it was near the top of the Curse launcher. It’s for anyone who likes both Hexxit and wants to play in more recent versions.

However, I would not be opposed to a normal Hexxit server...

(Just wanted to clarify, since a few comments seemed to be referring to the normal Hexxit)

I was referring to Hexxit Updated, thats why I said 1.1x.x
owner.png
Posted Dec 12, 17
Votes:
+13
So hexxit updated could still be a possibility? That would be one server I would love to apply and be staff on haha. Maybe it could setup a new playerbase we didn't have before mostly because a lot of servers got to the players before us with this it could be extremely useful for donations, players, and popularity on our other servers.
Posted Dec 13, 17
CoolaxGaming Owner
Votes:
+305
So hexxit updated could still be a possibility? That would be one server I would love to apply and be staff on haha. Maybe it could setup a new playerbase we didn't have before mostly because a lot of servers got to the players before us with this it could be extremely useful for donations, players, and popularity on our other servers.
It could be a possibility, I will decide in winter start.
owner.png
Posted Dec 14, 17
BurnedPinguin Member
Votes:
+7
Not only it is a very good pack, it's an updated to a new version, and maybe Coolax Gaming can be the first one to make a server for it!
Posted Apr 15, 18
1748 Posts
824 Posts
jenjen1130 Manager
773 Posts
Tato ProfessorNoviceApprenticeJourneyman
NoticeNotices